Theron`s Meat Products becomes the first business in the City of Tshwane to donate active and paid business hours to the Tswelopele Clean-up Campaign. This Clean-up Campaign was officially launched on Saturday, 2 June 2018.
Heading the call by the City of Tshwane to support their Tswelopele clean-up campaign, Theron`s Meat Products will be hosting their very first Clean-Up-Our-City initiative. In this, Theron’s Meat Products will be the very first business to donate active business hours to clean the streets in their direct environment.
The Executive Mayor launched the Operation Tswelopele programme in July 2017 to revitalise the inner-city
The Executive Mayor launched the Operation Tswelopele programme in July 2017 to revitalise the inner-city core and the various Inner City Urban Management Precincts.
The intention behind the campaign is that, going forward, the first Saturday of each month will be dedicated to encouraging citizens and residents to join in on keeping our environment clean. The City of Tshwane aims to partner with different businesses each month to ensure that everyone play their part.
“We are very proud to become active role-players in ensuring the sustainability of the Tswelopele Project,” said Sonja-Liezel Theron, Marketing Director of Theron’s Meat Products. “We are also proudly located in the CBD of Tshwane, and we believe this campaign will be to the benefit of all businesses and customers in the area.”
The company’s first clean-up campaign will be taking place on Friday the 15th of June 2018 and will be attended by the Executive Mayor of Tshwane Mr. Solly Msimanga.
The following practical arrangements and programme will be in place:
- Volunteers will be welcomed at 07:00 and the first 100 participants will receive a famous Theron`s Boerewors roll and a cup of hot coffee.
- Cleaning will commence at 07:30 and all volunteers, as well as employees from Theron`s Meat Products, will be issued with gloves and two plastic bags – a Black bag for Non-recyclables and a Yellow Bag for recyclables
- Cleaning will commence in the area as per mapping provided.
- The City of Tshwane Waste Group will assist with the collection of bags as indicated at pick-up points
- The intent is to create a culture of cleanliness & recycling and is aimed at extending the campaign rolled-out throughout all seven regions of the City of Tshwane
Media houses that wish to cover the event should register BEFORE the 13th of June 2018 by sending the following information to Sonjaemail@example.com
- Media House Represented
- Cell phone number
- E-mail address
We are excited to welcome you on Friday the 15th of June 2018.